Gabriel Calatrava is both a Structural Engineer and an Architect by training and has worked extensively with his father, Santiago Calatrava, in a technical role as an architect and an engineer and also managing several projects for coordination, presentation and client liaison responsibilities.
Gabriel is on the board of directors at the Municipal Arts Society where he is actively engaged in a conversation about ‘the city’ overseeing several urban design and planning initiatives.
Extending his commitment to the multi disciplinary nature of the architectural practice, Gabriel is a board member at Pioneer Works—a center for research and experimentation in contemporary culture.
Licensing, Associations and Memberships
- Licensed professional engineer registered in the State of New York
- Director of Municipal Art Society
- Director of Pioneer work
- Adjunct Professor at Columbia University
- Columbia University, New York, NY — 2009
Master of Science in Engineering
- Columbia University, New York, NY — 2008
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- ETH School of Architecture Zurich, Switzerland — 2005
- Beijing University of Chinese Language and Culture Beijing, China 2002
AIA, LEED green associate
He joined the firm with extensive experience as a project architect and a project Manager on full-phase projects including pre-schematic design, code and zoning analysis, scheduling team members, monitoring budgets and contracts, overseeing technical execution, cost analysis, presentation, design development, construction documents, responsible for consultant coordination, bid analysis, and construction administration. Experienced in wide range of project types and size and also has oversea project experiences.
Licensing and Memberships
- Licensed architect registered in the State of New York
- Member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- LEED Green Associate
- Columbia University, New York, NY
Master of Science in Advanced Architectural Design
- University of Illinois at Chicago
Bachelor of Architecture
David Eaton is a principal at CAL. He joined the firm with extensive experience in computational design and fabrication.
- University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia, PA
Master of Architecture
- University of Colorado – Boulder, CO
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design
Astrophysics – minor